|
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
"Almost Here"
"Almost Here" Brian McFadden feat. Delta Goodrem
Brian: Did I hear you right? Cause I thought you said Let's think it over You have been my life And I never planned Growing old without you
Shadows bleeding through the light Where the love once shined so bright Came without a reason Don't let go on us tonight Love's not always black and white Haven't I always loved you?
Delta: But when I need you You're almost here And I know that's not enough And when I'm with you I'm close to tears 'cause you are only almost here
Brian: I would change the world If I had a chance Oh won't you let me Treat me like a child Throw your arms around me Oh please protect me
Brian & Delta: Bruised and battered by your words Days are shattered, now it hurts Brian: Oh, haven't I always loved you?
Delta: But when I need you You're almost here And I know that's not enough And when I'm with you I'm close to tears 'cause you are only almost here
Brian & Delta: Bruised and battered by your words Days are shattered, now it hurts Brian: Haven't I always loved you?
Delta: But when I need you You're almost here Brian: Well I never knew how far behind I'd left you Delta: And when I hold you You're almost here Brian: Well I'm sorry that I took our love for granted
Brian & Delta: And now I'm with you I'm close to tears Brian: Cause I know I'm almost here
Brian & Delta: Only almost here
--------------------
It's one of those nights when i am feeling particularly sentimental, vulnerable, and allowing myself to sink into that pool of memories, visit blogs i don't want to visit, letting tears gather on the brink, place my heart on the very edge to breaking, imagining and longing for that special someone to put arms tight ard me and let me break down freely. It's also one of those nights when i let myself think of the times i have been "almost there", the times i have refused to let myself fall truly over the edge, into the abyss. how ppls' accounts and experiences of that plunge have made me afraid of taking that plunge myself. into the point of no return. all the reasons why i am not in love. dunno how to be. dunno who to be in with. how deep-set insecurities have prevented me from considering love. considering that plunge. unworthy of love. incapable of it. scared. insecure. i think of those near-misses. the times i nearly fell over the edge. just that one step short. unworthy. incapable. no capacity for that kind of love. scared. insecure. unworthy. incapable. that is why up to now, i am "only almost here".
Shu Ling Estrella @ 3:53 AM ~*~ |
**~~**~*~*~~*~*~~*~*~*~**~~*~*~*~*~~**~~**
|